Information Technology leader with a proven track record in the management, implementation, and support of IT/data center operations, processes and projects. Hands on experience with the redesign and architecture of a data center including increased power, cooling and capacity to support ten years of growth for web hosted/cloud environments. Skilled in technology strategy, IT planning, IT Architecture, budget management and staff management supporting global business.
As a technical leader I have been the driving force in developing technical road-maps and implementation strategy for IT projects/portfolios, client-facing support infrastructure/processes, and in managing day-to-day data center and IT operations and staff.
With a career progression that spans technical strategy, application development, organizational leadership, and project management, my strong business, technical, and financial acumen have combine to drive innovation that improves system availability, resiliency, performance, security, and costs.
My Areas of Expertise Include:
• Data Center Operations
• IT Operations & Service Management
• Project Management
• Program Management
• Procure Fiber & Network
• Network Infrastructure & Capacity Planning
• Hosted Cloud Services
• IT Service Management
• Cloud Implementation Scaling
• Technology Strategy
• Financial & Technology Planning
– Present (8 months) Scottsdale, AZ
Responsible for all IT operations of Link Business-Phoenix. Manage telecommunications, IT infrastructure, integrations, hosted services, and support of office staff.
– Present Scottsdale, AZ
IT Infrastructure and IT services for clients
• Infrastructure architecture, improvements, and migrations services
• Design HVAC, Power, server and network infrastructure solutions
• Configure CRM (Customer Relations Management) and ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) solutions
• Purchase, configure, and manage domain names
• Configure and install Firewalls
• Install and configure Microsoft Server 2012 r2
• Maintain DNS
• Provision Microsoft Exchange and Lync on Office 365
• Provision and managed AWS services for Windows, Ubuntu, MySQL, Beanstalk, Lambda, EMR, EBS, and EC2
– Scottsdale, AZ
Provided organizational leadership and direction of all data center operations, a $6M operating budget, and a staff of 20 managers, programmers, DBAs, and system engineers. Managed hosted and cloud websites, Intranet, content management, and business process management sites as well as Microsoft Exchange/CRM applications. Architected and planned network, server, storage, and data center infrastructure configurations and implementations. Managed and approved all procurement for fiber, network and server hardware, mechanical, and electrical infrastructure.
• Designed and enhanced the data center infrastructure with a focus on enabling the growth and expansion of new business and improving stability. Tripled data center cooling capacity and installed Enterprise class APC hot isle containment that lowered cooling costs by 20% and collected a $12,960 rebate from APS.
• Transformed the data center to support a high growth easily scalable hosted/cloud production environment. Maintaining 13,000 hosted CRM accounts, 10,000 hosted Exchange accounts, 7,000 hosted sites, and 5,000 U.S./international call numbers while achieving 99.95% up-time of all systems.
• Instrumental in establishing and maintaining Microsoft CRM Gold partnership that delivered an annual savings of $100K.
• Consolidated vendors and services to lower network and telecom costs by 50%.
• Negotiated and renewed Microsoft contracts that provided an additional 17% cost reduction.
• Reduced downtime by 75% with the installation of SCOM/Spotlight monitoring software and utilizing ITSM methods and tools.
• Spearheaded a call tracking system for international customers. Implemented the system with 1,000 telephone numbers in 34 countries that provided tools for the tracking of international/competitor advertisements.
• Directed the implementation of high availability network infrastructure with fail over capabilities. Established switch over processes and procedures for two locations.
– (3 years 7 months)Lincoln, Nebraska Area
Provided end-to-end project oversight for custom software development, philanthropy IT, and implementation projects and contracts for Sandhills Publishing and its subsidiaries. Researched software technology and trends for customer requirements for custom software solutions.
• Oversaw a $1MM special project budget and a staff of 3 charged with the management/deployment of student information systems.
• Secured Microsoft Gold Certified Partner and SPLA host provider status. Established an SPLA agreement leading to hosting abilities for Microsoft CRM, Exchange, and SharePoint applications.
• Contracted and managed a call tracking system for all U.S. customers. The system was comprised of 4,000 numbers and provided competitive insight that led to a 25% increase in sales.
– (6 years 6 months)Lincoln, Nebraska Area
Led and managed software development projects and initiatives across the company and its subsidiaries. Directed all systems and software development, quality control procedures, and programming policies and procedures. Managed a staff of 25 programmers and analysts.
• Led and managed a team in the development of high-transaction websites (MachineryTrader.com, Tractorhouse.com, Controller.com, and Truckpaper.com).
• Developed and deployed a process management tool used to manage internal processes and procedures. The tool is still in use today and is currently being expanded for use by customs.
• Reduced paper and ink waste by 7% with the development of press ink key preset system. The solution eliminated the need for manual adjustment by technicians and yielded $2MM in annual savings.
• Promoted from the position of Software Developer after 2 years.
– (2 years 3 months)Lincoln, Nebraska Area
Wrote visual basic code and worked with Clarion and Access databases to support the needs of the 3 production departments at Sandhills Publishing.
• Developed time clock and payroll system for Press and Bindery facility, interfacing with Allen Bradley PLC systems.
• Created an inventory control system used to manage paper rolls for printing presses.
– (1 year 5 months)Laramie WY
Provided all IT support for the Geological Survey of Wyoming. Performed research for the coal department.
• Networked computers.
• Automated majority of publication tasks – resulting in better quality product with shorter turnaround.
• Edited, co-authored, and co-published books on the Geology of Wyoming.
– (11 months)Laramie WY
Compiled a movie of ozone levels over the polar caps. The movie was a series of slides generated from satellite data collected over a period of 4 years. Each slide was manually created using FORTRAN and NCAR graphing software.